Thursday, September 1, 2016

What Will You Do?

You choose what you want to do with your life, what this writing means to you, and who you are. Don't ever forget that.

There's nothing to say.

All there is, is an atmosphere. An atmosphere with fear and anxiety. It was like I met my inner thoughts. It was like I couldn't control who I was, anymore. I look in the mirror and ask, "Who am I?" But the mirror shatters and I'm left with the broken pieces. Picking them up, hands bloody, and trying to put it back together. The red from my hands begin to drip, and I collapse. I can still hear crying and screaming, but I am unable to move. I feel trapped. There's nothing to say, about that day. There's nothing I could do to make things better. There's nothing I can do to change the way the world views everything. Nothing. Because who am I? No one! I am just another nobody with nothing to say. But, I'm somebody to someone. But, I have something to say. But…none of that matters. Why? Because we are put down by the world, no one wants to hear the truth. The truth that the world is crazy. That, one day, I will not matter. You won't matter. Unless we make our impact on the world, now.

What will you do, to change the world?

6 comments:

  1. "But I'm somebody to someone." I like that. Instead of thinking we should be popular and have everyone know us, I like that we can choose to settle for being super important to a few. That gives us something to live for and makes us feel accepted. The world is a wholly other step.

    Nice post. I love the imagery at the broken mirror part.

    Skylar | Skywriting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I agree, people don't need a million friends, only a few close friends. And thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. That's true. I was just putting some older photos of family members in a new photo album and thinking how I wondered about my great grandparents that I have a photo of. I know nothing about them and wondered what my great grand kids will know of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Family will always remember you, in some way, your face or something. But they'll never really know you on a personal level. Once generations grow, who are you to them?

      Delete