Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Next Generation

There's a point in everyone's life where you begin to realize that death will come to us all. With my family, death is a really touchy topic, because we don't have much family. There's not really many people we can call trustworthy and strong. But, the other day, I came to the realization that I will have to be the person that needs to carry on our family. I'm the next generation, and I can't make the mistakes everyone else did. I came to the realization that, one day, I won't have people to lead me and tell me what to do. I'll need to support myself and make the right decisions. Being young, in this society and age, is really tough. But, we need to keep going forward, because that one day when our parents fall, we will have the torch to light the way for others. We will be the generation that will change everything.

6 comments:

  1. I love how real you are with us. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a daughter and grandson so I feel that I did my part to continue on the family legacy or line. I'm a little too messed up in the head to make any changes that will effect the world or anything like that but maybe my progeny will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Well, maybe all the best people are crazy. The world is pretty bonkers, anyways! :)

      Delete
  3. You are such an inspiring person. Your family is lucky that you are the next generation...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that you haven't been blogging as much, and hope that you end the year with a fantastic post to let us know what you've been doing along with your plans for the New Year. I wish more young people took the time to share their thoughts with the universe as you have. Keep writing! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete