Friday, September 9, 2016

It's Holding Me Down

What is school?

School is where you get labeled and get taught unnecessary things. School is where you get identified by a number and a name. School is where you make friends and learn who you can trust. School is scary. I am still in school, and I'm still waiting to learn about real life. We don't learn about writing checks, cashing paychecks, job interviews, or anything. Life is waiting for us, and we're sitting here learning about "the types of rocks" or "geometry." That's not going to help me get a job. It might help other people, but I'm not going to be a geologist or architect. I want to be a forensic photographer, and, right now, high school is getting me nowhere in that field. I want this job, later in life, but how? How can I do this with no guidance? Well, I'm going to do what I've been doing for my whole life, do it on my own. I'm not going to give up on a realistic dream. I will work hard, on stuff that doesn't matter, and go to college. I want this, badly, and I won't give up. School will hold me down, but after all of this madness, I will rise.

School isn't where I learn about life.

10 comments:

  1. That's how I feel, but keep up the positive attitude. It's rough, and to put it frankly, scary. I struggle with making friends and putting myself out there. Stay strong (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I'm happy someone feels the same way. :)

      Delete
  2. That's true. It seems that 60% of what I learned in school...I never even used once I was out in the real world on my own. They need real life classes, things that we will use out in the real world when we are on our own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your head up, Catie. I'm in school too and I know that sometimes it feels like you're just waiting for your life to begin but trust me, the wait will be worth it. Good luck for the future, and remember: school ends. The information stays, yes, but ultimately YOU decide your future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep fighting! That's so awesome that you've recognized that this isn't where you want to be but you're going to make the best of it anyways. That's the kind of attitude that gets you places :) Thanks for visiting The Endless Oceans of my Mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have got this. go with the flow and keep positive my dear!

    ReplyDelete