Saturday, September 3, 2016

Movie Favorites: Part One

Who doesn't love movies? If you don't love movies, you don't belong here (jk, but honestly…just no.) But, I sometimes hate movies because they portray life as a fantasy. But, then again, I love imagination and fantasy… Uggh! I have a love/hate relationship with movies. But, anyways, grab your popcorn and enjoy the read.

[This is in so specific order]

1.) Alice in Wonderland, the old version and the new version. I love the original movie, but I can't say no to a Tim Burton film. He shows up a lot in this post, but he's an amazing director. Alice in Wonderland gives me a need to be a toddler again, so I can explore the world. So I can explore my imagination and creativity. Alice in Wonderland is a great movie, I love it so much.

2.) What's Eating Gilbert Grape? is an old movie, but it gives an important message. I'm not going to spoil it, so you better go watch it.

3.) The Nightmare Before Christmas. Tim Burton, once again, did an amazing job with this movie. I don't ever think this movie will get old.

4.) My Neighbor Totoro. Ever since I was a young girl, my aunt would never show me the movies everyone else were watching. She wanted me to be different and believe that sometimes imagination was your best friend. This movie showed me that it's okay to believe something everyone else doesn't, and that sometimes you need to communicate more. I strongly recommend this to younger audiences, because it's perfect for them.

5.) The Conjuring. One of my favorite horror movies of all times. It definitely raised the bar for horror movies because it was brilliantly directed and played. I don't think it'll ever get old.

6.) Beastly is a great movie, but better book. It showed me that there are people in the world that don't care about appearance. That if you really loved someone you wouldn't care what they looked like. I usually don't recommend romance movies, but this was beautiful.

7.) Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl. She doesn't die. Or does she? ¡SPOILER ALERT! She disappears from the earth, but I believe she didn't die. Her memory and love will always lurk and (hopefully) never die. Great movie, and I usually don't like romance movies, but I love this one.

8.) The Gallows is a good movie. It's a good horror film, but I guessed the ending. Other than that, it was scary.

Alright, that's it…for now. Let me know what your favorite movies are and if you want a part two? Have a great day, and don't forget to smile.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Beastly, that was a good movie. I'm a big horror movie fan so here are my favorites.

    Fright Night (The original)
    Jaws
    The Exorcist
    The Silence of the Lambs
    Nosferatu
    The Dead Zone
    Seven

    It's hard to pick just a few because I like so many of them. I like to watch horror movies or psychological thrillers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those movies! And October is approaching, so there's going to be more horror movie marathons! Yay! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha. Oh, Robin Williams movies will always be part of my childhood.

      Delete